HSO Office Hours
All research staff, especially new personnel, are encouraged to stop in during office hours for one-on-one training on IRB processes and procedures, including assistance using KC IRB, as well as help responding to pre-review or IRB provisions, completing the IRB application, or drafting consent forms.
HSO staff members are also available to provide individual and/or department training upon request. To schedule, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, department and type of training requested, and an HSO staff member will reach out to finalize a date.
- Tuesdays, 2-4pm at Wells Library, IU Scholar’s Commons.
- Wednesdays, 9-11am at Lockefield Village, room 3331.
- Thursdays, 1-3pm at IU Health Methodist, Wile Hall 122. (Not limited to Methodist or IU Health; all members of the research community are welcome.)
KC IRB Training
Instructional Guides and Quick Learning Videos are available for assistance in using KC IRB.
Classroom TrainingHSO conducts periodic live training and help sessions. If you would like to request a training session for your group or department, please contact an HSO staff member or email@example.com.
Please note: sessions with fewer than 5 participants registered by the prior business day may be canceled for resource management purposes.
All key personnel and any researchers directly interacting with subjects are required to complete CITI training every three years.
You must complete one of the following courses based on your main area of research:
- If you are mainly engaged in biomedical research complete: Biomedical Researcher, Stage 1
- If you are mainly engaged in social or behavioral research complete: Social/Behavioral/Educational Researchers, Stage 1
- VA researchers should complete the VA CITI course, and should affiliate their CITI account with Indiana University. The VA CITI course fulfills the Indiana University researcher education requirement for VA researchers.
- For assistance with affiliating your CITI account with Indiana University, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access the CITI program via the CITI program log-in page